Friday 10 July 2015

20 things I wish I knew before graduation

There’s a whole bunch of thing that I wish someone had told me on the day I graduated. It would have been really, really helpful.
But nobody told me. So I had to learn the lesson the hard way.
I want to save you from all the trouble. So if you want to have a much easier time over the next years, read and act on these 20 suggestions.

1. I wish I knew that most of what i’ve learned in school was completely useless and i would never use it again.
That time I spent drawing or reading out dated books Totally wasted. And never will i use calculus again. I would have read wide.

2. I wish I knew that success in school is not success in life.
It’s totally different. In a few years nobody will care about what my GPA was. i’ve got to start life afresh after graduation.

3. I wish I knew how not to confuse my studies with an education.
Time spent getting an A-plus in college, as opposed to an A-minus, was probably wasted because it wasn't learning but rote learning (cramming). Keep learning all your life. Ask questions. Listen to people. Take classes. And keep reading. Always have a good book on hand.



4. I wish I knew that truer words were never said.
 “I would have chosen a job i love, not the job that only pays well and I would have never work a day in my life.”

5. I wish I had never covet “stuff” or wasted money on it.
If I had back all the money I spent on junk in my 20s and 30s, I’d be a millionaire.

6. I wish I had dressed for other people, not for myself.
You are not the one that look at your dress, other people are the ones who look at your clothes when you dress. It doesn’t matter what colors or styles you happen to like. Find out what looks good on you, then wear that.

7. I wish I offered myself free to companies in order to learn new skills and get the company name on my CV. So that I can tel the world at the end I did it.

8. I wish I had turn out early to work and at least showed the right attitude. I’d have been amazed at how far that could taken me.

9. I wish I had knew my psychological strength and weaknesses. I'd have worked on them and with them, that earlire the better.

10. I wish I had read “Reinventing Your Life,” the classic textbook about cognitive behavioral therapy. I'd have learn about my own cognitive errors, and how they were holding me back.

11. I wish I had Kept a to-do list every day.

12. I wish I had read “The Age of Propaganda” I'd have learn early on how I was being manipulated by spin-doctors and marketers.

13. I wish I had read “How to Lie With Statistics” and “Say It With Charts” I'd have understood how i could use statistics to protect myself when things want to minus it

14. I wish I hadn't taken a year off before going to college.
But I'd have taken at least two years between college and university, to do a real job and get work experience and skills.

15. I wish had never developed a taste for luxuries. Then i would have never needed or missed them. The wise can live better than the greedy on a fraction of the cost.

16. I wish had not became a tech junkie. I would have been so much better off taking notes on paper, like a Luddite, than wasting my money fixing old laptop and phone tech problems.

17. I wish I had understood the three (3) simple rules which explained 99% of human behavior ; 1. Most people don’t think. 2. Some people are just jerks. 3. Everyone is selling something.

18. I wish had Stretched myself beyond my comfort zone, in work and in life — but only in stages. Not trying to do too much at once.

19.I wish I knew how important were my mental health. My happiness would have been my number one Job.

20.I wish I knew the kind of friends I kept when I was in happiness. then would I have known my true friends when in trouble.


2 comments: